“Apricot Chicken with Buckwheat” doesn’t it sound healthy?
It is but not only healthy but it is packed with some amazing flavours and healthy goodness. And what makes it more delicious? I am glad you asked, it is made in my favourite Le Creuset Marmite Skillet.
Apricot Chicken with Buckwheat is gluten-free and delicious!
I believe food cooked in cast iron tastes absolutely delicious, it has a deep flavour and my favourite thing even cooking. I have been using cast iron pans for almost 10 years now and Le Creuset is definitely my favourite brands when it comes to quality and variety so I was thrilled when Le Creuset Singapore contacted me for a collaboration. This is my first recipe for this collaboration and I am sure you are going to love it.
Apricot Chicken with Buckwheat is a one-pot meal and make it for weekday dinners.
I created this fantastic “Apricot Chicken with Buckwheat” for all those who are watching their weight, want to eat healthily and want something gluten-free. The best part about this recipe, this is a One-Pot Meal my favourite kind and provides all the important nutrition from fibre to good fat to perfect protein.
If you like these kinds of healthy recipes then do check these out.
So this is how you make this Apricot Chicken with Buckwheat.
Apricot Chicken with Buckwheat
- 200 g or 1 1/4 cup buckwheat or kasha
- 350 g skinless chicken thigs
- 170 g 2 medium onions medium diced
- 50 g apricot cut lengthwise
- 1 tbso tomato pasata or diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup or 50g almonds roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp or to taste cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp picked thyme
- red chilli to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- coriander for garnishing
- salt to taste
- 2 3/4 cups chicken or veg stock or plain water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Marinate the chicken thighs with some salt, black pepper and lemon zest for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat the pan (whichever you are using) with 2 tsp oil and brown the chicken from both sides for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Take it out and place it in a plate.
- In the same pot add rest of the oil and butter together. Add in the onions and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add in the garlic and sweat it for just 1 minute. Add in all the spices, herbs and apricots, mix it well.
- Add in the tomato pasata or diced and add in the buckwheat and fry it for 5 minutes. Place the chicken on the buckwheat, pour in the stock or water. Adjust the seasoning, add in the almonds and place the pan in the preheated oven. Bake it for 35-40 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with some herb pesto or just as is.