Cauliflower Coconut Soup
“Cauliflower Coconut Soup” doesn’t that sound comforting and delicious?
- 400 g cauliflower florets
- 1 or 100 g shallot or red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp curry powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 50 g green spring onions/scallions
- 20 g cashew nuts
- 250 g coconut milk
- 600 ml water or vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil or butter (if you aren't vegan)
Put the shallots or onions, garlic and spring onion in the thermomix bowl. Chop on speed 5 for 5 seconds.
Add in the oil, cauliflower, cashew nuts, salt and spices. Cook on reverse speed 2 on 120 degrees for 2 minutes.
Add in the vegetable stock and cook on varoma, reverse speed 2.5 for 10 minutes. Add in the coconut milk, maple syrup and cook for another 2 minutes on varoma for reverse speed 2.5.
Blend it from speed 4 to speed 8-9 for 2 minutes.
Serve hot with a cracker or a piece of bread or as is.