These Kale Kebabs are gluten-free, healthy and delicious.
- 200 g Curly Kale or Cavolo Nero chopped
- 300 g boiled potato mashed
- 80 g chickpea flour toasted
- 50 g almonds chopped
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped or crushed
- 1 nos red and green chilli to taste
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves and stalks chopped
- 1 tsp or to taste salt
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp or to taste black pepper crushed
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs optional
- vegetable oil for frying
Heat oil in a pan, add in the finely chopped kale, ginger and garlic. On a low medium heat cook for 5 minutes. Now place the kale in a colander so the water drips, squeeze out all the water from the kale.
In a mixing bowl, place the kale, crushed potatoes and all the spices mentioned above with salt. Add all the flour, mix well. You might need to add more chickpea flour if the kale is too watery.
Make firm small bite-size kebabs, coat them in the gluten-free breadcrumbs. Shallow fry them in hot oil till they are brown in colour.
Serve with your choice of chutney.