Last year in December I had a major dental surgery and I was on a soup diet for 1 week and I very happily extended it to some more time because I was loosing weight having only soups ;). I can’t do just soup diets to loose weight because I love eating, so this surgery was a really good excuse to be on a soup diet, however it didn’t last more that 10 days.. 😉
In those 10 days I made many different types of soups and one of them was this amazingly healthy, creamy and smooth avocado soup made with coconut milk, I added a bit radish sprouts and that gave this soup a bitter and spicier kick. The recipe has Crème fraîche but you can happily skip that to keep it vegan.
- 1 small white onion diced
- 3 avocados peeled de seeded and cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup leeks green sliced
- 1 cup radish sprouts or spinach
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Salt black pepper to taste
- 2 or taste green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Water 1/2 litre
- Olive oil 2 tsp
- Crème fraîche for garnishing (skip to coconut cream if you are vegan)
Heat olive oil, sauté onion, leeks and garlic, chillies till golden. Add water, black pepper and bring it to boil. Add in the avocado, radish sprouts and stir it.
Add coconut cream and give a gentle boil. Adjust seasoning. Make a purée. Serve hot or warm.
Garnish with Crème fraîche or coconut cream and diced tomatoes.