“Lehsuni Murgh Tikka Masala”, garlic flavoured grilled chicken gravy is one of those easy, simple which comes together in little time!
I love everything garlic, and I reckon it pairs well with chicken. I often make garlic grilled chicken for my husband, and he really likes it. I wanted to create an Indian recipe with that grilled chicken idea, and this is how this “Lehsuni Murgh Tikka Masala” came about.
“Lehsuni Murgh Tikka Masala” can be made with old lehsuni murgh tikka as well.
The best part about this recipe is you can repurpose the extra leftover tikka from your fridge, and it tastes terrific. I like to marinate the chicken at least for 6 hours to get that maximum flavour but if you are short of time then marinate it for 1 hour.
“Lehsuni Murgh Tikka Masala” and parathas, a delightful combination!
I served this lehsuni murgh tikka masala with hot layered parathas and with a side of onion salad, a perfect combination for Sunday brunch. The thick and luscious gravy and the flavourful, tender chicken goes really well with any type of parathas.
If you like chicken dishes, do try these recipes:
Watch this recipe on my YouTube channel.
If you like this recipe then check this Egg Roast too! 🙂
Lehsuni Murgh Tikka Masala
- 300 g boneless chicken thighs skinless
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander and mint
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp salt, red chilli and turmeric powder
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 inch ginger julienne
- 5 or to taste green chillies
- 1 tsp or to taste red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp or to taste black pepper powder
- 1 tsp each garam masala and dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp mustard oil
- 1 each brown cardamom and cloves
- 2 each green cardamon and green bay leaves Use dry bay leaves if you can't find fresh
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken in the mentioned ingredients for at least 6 hours. And grill it for 15-20 minutes in preheated oven on 180C/350F.
- Once the chicken is grilled, cut it in bite-size pieces.
- Heat butter and oil together. Add in the whole spices and let them splutter for 20-30 seconds.
- Slit the green chillies and tip them in the oil, fry them for 30 seconds. Fish them out and keep it aside for garnishing.
- In the same pot, add in the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes till translucent.
- Add in the garlic and half of the ginger and saute for 7-8 minutes or till the onion is nice and brown.
- Add all the spice powders except garam masala and fenugreek leaves. Add 4 tbsp of water and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add in the grilled chicken and 1 tbsp water. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In last 2 minutes, add in the garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves and reserved chilli and ginger. Mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with parathas.