“Chia seed pudding”, my absolute favourite guilt-free dessert!
I have been using chia seeds from past 6-7 years but always in drinks. The first time I had this pudding back in 2017, frankly I was blown away by its simplicity. After having that I decided to create my recipe and this Chia seed pudding is the one!
If you are craving something at ungodly hour yet want to indulge in something sweet? This Chia seed pudding definitely hits all the marks!
Often around 4:00 PM or sometimes at 12 in the night (if I am not on my intermittent fast), I suddenly start craving for something indulgent. I hardly eat chocolates or ice creams and I am not a big sweet tooth neither, this Chia seed pudding gives me that satisfaction because it has that texture, the creaminess and some delightful flavours.
Try “Chia Seed Pudding” with mango, vanilla pulp and this delicious coconut sugar coffee syrup!
This sounds like a bit of work right? But trust me, this combination was just fantastic! I had some mangoes in my fridge so pureed them with a bit of salt and vanilla, it added the extra delicious layer to this pudding. If you don’t have mangoes you can use any other fruit. And the coconut coffee syrup, that was a revelation!
Make this vegan “Chia Seed Pudding” for a brunch or for your afternoon tea!
If you like vegan dessert recipes, then try these:
Chia Seed Pudding
For the pudding:
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 120 ml water
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp each vanilla extract and salt
- 4 tbsp smooth mango pulp
For the syrup:
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1 or 2 tsp water (depends on the consistency you want)
- Whisk together the water and chia seeds, let them swell for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk coconut milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Add this mix to the water and chia seeds. Whisk it really well so there are no lumps.
- Let the mixture sit in the mixing bowl for 7-10 minutes.
- Pour mango pulp in the jar or glass you are serving. Pour the chia seed mixture over the pulp. Cover the jars and keep them in the fridge overnight.
- For the syrup: Whisk all the ingredients mentioned for the syrup well till it forms a thick syrup. You may need to add a little more water if it is too thick. Pour the syrup over the set syrup and serve with your choice of fruits.