Courgette feta fritters or zucchini fritters are so soft, gluten-free and delicious!
I love this humble squash, courgette or also known as zucchini. I love making Koftas, cake and these fritters with courgette, it gives an excellent texture to any dish. These Courgette feta fritters are incredibly soft, utterly flavourful and perfect for any occasion.
Courgette feta fritters or zucchini fritters are made with feta and dill!
When I was developing this recipe, one of the things I wanted to include in this recipe was burst of freshness. I added fresh mint and dill which goes fantastic with the feta cheese.
These Courgette feta fritters or zucchini fritters are perfect for entertaining!
If you are entertaining, I would suggest serving these Courgette feta fritters with a simple yoghurt or cucumber yoghurt dip like Tatziki. Trust me, your guests will love it! I love serving these fritters with good cheese, whole wheat crackers and one of my homemade dips.
If you are vegan or allergic to egg do try my Gluten-free vegan courgette fritters recipe which I posted on my Instagram.
Try some of these recipes for dips and chutney with cheese and crackers.
Let’s get to the recipe.
Courgette Feta Fritters
- 2 courgette/ zucchini (500G) grated
- 100 g feta cheese cut in small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp each mint and fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 or taste red chilli finely chopped
- 60 g 1/2 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 10 g rice flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp or to taste salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil for shallow frying
- Add salt to grated courgette and keep it aside for 20 minutes. Squeeze out all the water from the courgette. Make sure you there is no water before you add all the other ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned above and mix it well. Add salt just before you start frying.
- Heat oil, using wet hands make small rounds and fry the fritters from both sides till they are nice and golden brown.
- Serve the fritters hot with yoghurt dip.