These “Pan-fried potatoes” are absolutely addictive! They have all the elements, the taste, the texture and the delicious flavours.
It is not a secret that I love making pasta, on my Instagram you will find me making kinds of pasta at least 2-3 times a week. We both love pasta but I have to make something as aside. Quite often it is either garlicky Brussel sprouts or stir-fried broccolini. I hardly make potatoes with pasta as I feel it is a double dose of carbs.
I like to pair these Pan-fried potatoes with pasta, chicken and fish.
A few weeks ago with my pasta, I made these delicious Pan-fried Potatoes and my husband who is a huge fan of spuds really enjoyed it.
Make these Pan-fried potatoes with golden ghee, they taste even better!
I am zealot when it comes to food, I love healthy food, I seldom do anything fried and I like creating healthy recipes. So to make this dish healthy I added some blanched almonds and I cooked these lovely spuds in my “Golden Ghee”. The flavour was sublime and that almond crunch made it extra special. I reckon ghee or butter cooks the potatoes better than oil, it gives that fatty coating and we all know how much we need that good fat in our diet.
Although I served these Pan-fried potatoes with pasta you can also serve them with orzo or with chicken or with fish!
Check out some of my favourite recipes which you can serve these potatoes with.
So this how you make these Pan-fried potatoes!
- Cast iron pan or a heavy bottomed pan
- 3 boiled potatoes large diced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 or to taste green chilli sliced
- 10 blanched almonds chopped
- 1/4 tsp or to taste crushed black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp chopped oregano and parsley
- 1 tbsp golden ghee or butter
- Heat ghee in a pan, add in the garlic sauté for a few seconds. Add in the onion and chilli, sauté till the onion is translucent.
- Add in the salt, pepper and blanched almonds, sauté for 2-3 minutes till the almonds are slightly crunchy.
- Now add in the potatoes and grainy mustard and continue frying for another 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped oregano and parsley.
- Serve hot as a side.