These Sesame Soba Noodles, are all you need when you want to eat something delicious, healthy! Oh, and did I mention this is a 10-minute recipe?
I am all for quick, healthy and delicious meals, especially on busy weeknights and these Sesame Soba Noodles just hits the spot. This is not only a quick recipe but also a very healthy recipe with punchy flavours such as sesame oil, ginger and fresh turmeric. This dressing is not only fantastic for these noodles but also for steamed bak choy or plain rice and chicken, trust me the marination/dressing is a cracker!
Sesame Soba Noodles, a proper customisable and a budget-friendly recipe!
For this Sesame Soba Noodles, I have used brown rice vinegar you can replace it Mirin or cooking sake or cooking rice wine. If you can’t find any of these then used 1/2 lemon juice and 1/2 vinegar. The star of the dish is toasted sesame oil which makes a this a fantastic recipe and it gives that amazing nutty flavour.
What vegetables should be used for these Sesame Soba Noodles?
I reckon mushrooms and garlic are the best friends of noodles so I used nicely browned mushrooms for these Sesame Soba Noodles however as I mentioned, this is a very customisable recipe so you can Nai Bai or Kai Lan or even simple broccoli. They all pair really well with these noodles.
If you like Asian flavours, then do check these recipes out.
Fish with Coconut Curry Leaves Sauce
Sole A La Meuniere with Chilli Lemon Butter Sauce
Sesame Soba Noodles
- 200 g or 1 pack soba noodles
- 12 button mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp Rayu (Japanese Spicy Sesame Oil)
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 inch ginger finely grated
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric finely grated
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp coco amino sauce or use soy sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 red chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp spring onion finely chopped
- Heat 1/2 tsp sesame oil and saute the mushrooms and garlic till brown and crispy. Keep it aside. Boil the soba noodles for 4 minutes in salted water with some oil.
- Whilst your noodles are cooking, take a big mixing bowl and add 1 tsp sesame oil, ginger, turmeric, chilli, 1 tsp spring onion, black pepper, rayu, coconut sugar, brown rice vinegar, soy sauce and cocoamino sauce. Whisk it well whilst adding rest of the sesame oil.
- Tip in the crispy mushrooms to the dressing and add the cooked soba noodles. Toss it well using tongs.
- Garnish it with sesame seeds and spring onions. You can serve this hot or at room temperature. Enjoy!