“Black Beans and Pasta Soup” sounds delicious, right?
This wonderful, one-pot meal “Black Beans and Pasta Soup” is delicious, packed with fantastic flavours and a wholesome meal for those busy weeknights when you want something quick yet nutritious. If you follow me on Instagram, you would know how much we love pasta and how many times I made these type of one-pot meals in a week. I wanted to create a recipe which can be made with fresh, frozen and canned produced because let’s face it due to COVID-19 we are still having trouble sourcing some ingredients and this how this soup came about!
“Black Beans and Pasta Soup” is an inexpensive family meal!
I love cooking with fancy ingredients but sometimes those can be hard to source, and expensive especially these days most things have become a bit expensive due to this pandemic. That’s why I wanted to create a recipe which can be used with fresh or dried herbs and with minimal ingredients. This “Black Beans and Pasta Soup” ticks all these boxes.
This “Black Beans and Pasta Soup” is a very customisable recipe.
I have kept this recipe vegan, however you can add some sour cream to make it creamier. You can also fry some chorizo if you are a meat eater, trust me that chorizo will give a fantastic flavour this dish. You can also use gluten-free pasta for this “Black Beans and Pasta Soup” but bear in mind, the cooking time for gf pasta is lesser than normal so make sure you add it in the end.
I have served this recipe fantastic “Black Beans and Pasta Soup” with my Miso black garlic bread, you need to try this recipe too. 🙂
If you are a pasta lover like me then check these recipes out.
Black Bean and Pasta Soup
- 1 medium onion small diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed or chopped
- 2 red chillies (optional) or use red chilli flakes finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh or dried rosemary chopped
- 1 red capsicum/ bell pepper small diced
- 1 cup green peas defrosted and washed
- 150 g fusilli pasta
- 1 can black beans washed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp red/pink peppercorns (optional)
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock paste or vegetable stock cube
- 750 ml water adjust according to the consistency
- Heat olive oil, add in the onion and garlic, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chilli and rosemary and stir it in. Now tip in the tomatoes and a little bit of salt and mix it well. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable stock paste or cube, crushed pink/red peppercorns and black pepper powder, mix it well. Add in 750ml water.
- Add in the pasta, black beans and cover the pot slightly ajar and for 5-7 minutes till the pasta is 80% cooked. Add some sugar to balance it out.
- Now tip in the green peas and red capsicum and bowl the soup for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish the soup with your choice of herbs and serve hot with garlic bread!